- PARENTS AGAIN AT 69!
- GOT POTENTIAL?
- ART = FUN + LEARNING!
- NEVER GIVE UP!
- THANK YOU FOR CARING!
- RUNNING OUT OF ‘LOVE JUICE’
- HOW MUCH SCREEN TIME IS SAFE FOR KIDS?
- You Can Make an “I CAN” Book!
- ‘SMILE’ first – and AMAZON gives!
- WORDS ARE POWERFUL
- CINDERELLA GAVE ME HOPE
- WHY TELL STORIES?
- Say Goodbye to Kids Boredom with These Activities!
- Cycling – One of the Best Exercises for Children!
- THANK YOU FOR MAKING US TOP-RATED!
- Parents are Not Helpless to Ease the Middle-School Blues, Here’s Why
- TOO MUCH MEDIA? GO OUT AND PLAY!
- Are You A ‘DOORMAT’ Mom?
- What is UNCONDITIONAL POSITIVE REGARD?
- AWKWARD ANNIE* ADDS TO EDU DESIGNS!
- EMERGENCY SUICIDE HELP RESOURCES
- JUNE FORAY’S LAST FILM TEACHES EMPATHY
- 7 SUPER STRATEGIES to SUCCEED IN SCHOOL!
- 5 SERIOUS MISTAKES PARENTS MAKE
- MAKE YOUR OWN HEALTHY NON-DAIRY CREAMER
- SEE WHAT YOU’RE LOOKING AT!
- Your Family Constitution
- HOW I GOT MY OWN WAY by NOT getting my own way!
- POTTY TRAINING THAT WORKS!
- CAN A KID CHANGE THE WORLD? You BETCHA!
- Art and Music Can Help Kids with Special Needs!
- The Appalling Effects of BULLYING – at WORK!
- Kids Need Your HELP!
- Help your Child ORGANIZE! (Help YOU, too!)
- SHARE YOUR STRUGGLES!
- SEE What You’re LOOKING At!
- Roscoe the Squirrel
- HOW KIDS LEARN EMPATHY
- GET While You GIVE!
- FOUR BUILDING BLOCKS of CHARACTER!
- CHARACTER is PREPARATION for the STORMS of LIFE!
- Your Child NEEDS ‘Somebody NEEDS You’
- WHEN IS ‘GOOD ENOUGH’, GOOD ENOUGH?
- GET MY ART BOOK!
- Helping your child CLEAN THEIR ROOM!
- Suicide Warning Signs
- “SOMEBODY NEEDS YOU” needs YOU!
- Create Peace and Love ALL YEAR ROUND♩ ♪ ♫ ♬
- The Night Princess
- Watch “SOMEBODY NEEDS YOU!” – NOW!
- A Mother’s Gift: WELCOME TO OUR HOME
- My ART BOOK for KIDS!
- SOMEBODY NEEDS YOU!
- Great Idea for Creative Kids!
- PEACE and LOVE are a LOT of WORK!
- HELP STOP BULLYING!
- WHAT IS A LEADER?
- POSITIVE DISCIPLINE
- KIDS NEED GOOD EXAMPLES!
- INTERRUPTIBILITY – The First Requirement of Parenthood?
- A MAGIC FORMULA TO CHILD REARING?
- THE TIE THAT BINDS
- Welcome to the Land of “I’M SORRY”
- 9 TIPS TO KEEP YOU FROM FREAKING OUT
Author Archives: EDU DESIGNS
We rescued a fledgling baby bird a couple of weeks ago, and are new parents again at 69 years old! Here’s a photo of when we first saw her, sitting stunned, on a walkway. We put some water in front … Continue reading
As the Keynote speaker to a large group of students recently at a college and career event, various educational organizations offered their options for study in many fields, including Business and Industry, Medical, Veterinary schools, the Navy, and the Arts. I asked them this question: What … Continue reading
Ruth Elliott’s ART presentation assemblies promote positive attitudes, better behavior & academic achievement as well as spatial awareness, shown to raise math scores. The Arts can increase math scores by up to 15%! Ruth wrote the first art textbook to reference … Continue reading
LIFE TAKES UP MOST OF YOUR TIME, doesn’t it? And when we turn around, it’s the steady plodding forward, that gets us anywhere. You can’t change the waves, but you can adjust your sails. When we look at successful people, … Continue reading
THANK YOU for caring about KIDS! Art is one of the BEST ways to motivate and inspire us at ANY age. While I was working in Animation, I found drawing to be calming and therapeutic. While my hands were busy, my … Continue reading
Do you ever find yourself running out of ‘love juice’? When my kids were little, even if I started with a full pitcher of love in the morning, sometimes by the end of the day the pitcher would be dry. There was a … Continue reading
Now that the digital world seems to be everywhere, the concern is, how much screen time is safe for kids? We are all affected by it, and especially young children and infants. The American Academy of Pediatrics urges parents, “…to … Continue reading
Babies LOVE seeing pictures and reading books – especially of themselves! You can thrill your little one and encourage them with how they are growing by making an “I CAN DO” book! When you make an “I CAN DO” Book, it can … Continue reading
Do you already shop online at Amazon? When you ‘smile’ first, they will donate to our Non Profit if you do – and it won’t cost you a penny more! Just go to smile.amazon.com, and choose Edu Designs as the Non Profit you wish to support. Amazon … Continue reading
WORDS ARE POWERFUL Words and images are powerful things. A picture once seen, can’t be ‘unseen’. A word cannot be ‘unheard’. It becomes part of your ‘thoughtlife’. There were times people said bad words around my kids, and just like the story … Continue reading
When I was a kid, the story of Cinderella gave me hope. I identified with her. My two older sisters were sometimes mean. They bossed me around and made me work harder than they did. I felt trodden upon. But when I’d … Continue reading
Stories are a powerful way to get a message across. All the great teachers, Lao Tse, Plato, Jesus, Mohammed and countless others through the centuries used stories and parables to impart wisdom to people. Everyone loves a good story! In one of Aesop’s Fables, the Wind and … Continue reading
Are you smiling? I am. Thanks to you, WE DID IT! All the votes from supporters, earned EDU DESIGNS the Top Rated Award from Great NonProfits for 2017! Here’s another way to help: Do you shop online at Amazon? Every time you do, … Continue reading
I was 6 years old when my family got our first TV. Mom would only let us watch The Mickey Mouse Club. I remember the excitement at 5 o’clock when the show would begin – and then the feeling of letdown when it was … Continue reading
Being thoughtful, caring and sensitive to others is a good thing. Right? Sure. But if you are an empathetic person who hasn’t learned to care for yourself, too, you can easily fall into the trap of being used, but not respected. A Doormat. … Continue reading
Carl Rogers coined the phrase, “UNCONDITIONAL POSITIVE REGARD” which has become synonymous with what children need in order to grow to their full potential as healthy human beings. It includes: An environment that genuinely and openly: SEES the good in them, LISTENS to … Continue reading
Though her CD was titled, ‘Awkward Annie’, this talented artist, singer, copywriter, and volunteer for non profit causes, proves you always get more by giving. Annie Elliott was recognized as a powerhouse by the organization She Runs It, who flew her … Continue reading
I loved the taste of most non dairy creamers, like Coffee mate, but the corn syrup and partially hydrogenated oils (trans fats) they contain promote inflammation, the precursor to most diseases, like arthritis and cancer. Honey (or real maple syrup) … Continue reading
Being connected made the difference. When I was a child my mom and I would walk a long way to the grocery store. It was hard to keep up unless she would hold my hand. When she did hold my hand, somehow her … Continue reading