- ART MAKES KIDS THIRSTY. . . for LEARNING!
- FREE ART WORKSHOP!
- HELP KIDS LEARN TO SETTLE ARGUMENTS!
- The ARTIST in ALL of US!
- THE CHRISTMAS UMBRELLA
- CHARACTER IN ALL KINDS OF PLACES!
- THESE KIDS ARE “FOR THE BIRDS!”
- Childhood Trauma Can Lead to Adult Addiction
- HOW KIDS TEACH YOU THESE THREE THINGS
- CAN COMICS TEACH CHARACTER?
- DREAMS PLUS ACTION BECOME REALITY!
- YOUR TODDLER’S BRAIN OUTPERFORMS YOURS!
- FLIP BOOKS CREATE FUN!
- STICKS AND STONES
- PARENTS AGAIN AT 69!
- GOT POTENTIAL?
- ART + FUN = LEARNING for LIFE!
- NEVER GIVE UP!
- THANK YOU FOR CARING!
- RUNNING OUT OF ‘LOVE JUICE’
- HOW MUCH SCREEN TIME IS SAFE FOR KIDS?
- WHY TELL STORIES?
- You Can Make an “I CAN” Book!
- ‘SMILE’ first – and AMAZON gives!
- WORDS ARE POWERFUL
- CINDERELLA GAVE ME HOPE
- Say Goodbye to Kids Boredom with These Activities!
- Cycling – One of the Best Exercises for Children!
- THANK YOU FOR MAKING US TOP-RATED!
- Parents are Not Helpless to Ease the Middle-School Blues, Here’s Why
- TOO MUCH MEDIA? GO OUT AND PLAY!
- Are You A ‘DOORMAT’ Mom?
- What is UNCONDITIONAL POSITIVE REGARD?
- AWKWARD ANNIE* ADDS TO EDU DESIGNS!
- EMERGENCY SUICIDE HELP RESOURCES
- JUNE FORAY’S LAST FILM TEACHES EMPATHY
- 7 SUPER STRATEGIES to SUCCEED IN SCHOOL!
- 5 SERIOUS MISTAKES PARENTS MAKE
- MAKE YOUR OWN HEALTHY NON-DAIRY CREAMER
- SEE WHAT YOU’RE LOOKING AT!
- Your Family Constitution
- HOW I GOT MY OWN WAY by NOT getting my own way!
- POTTY TRAINING THAT WORKS!
- CAN A KID CHANGE THE WORLD? You BETCHA!
- Art and Music Can Help Kids with Special Needs!
- The Appalling Effects of BULLYING – at WORK!
- Kids Need Your HELP!
- Help your Child ORGANIZE! (Help YOU, too!)
Author Archives: EDU DESIGNS
These kids were just a smidgen of the 549 students who attended 24 classes I gave in one week! At the end of the lessons, each was given a flip book I printed and bound myself, plus a blank one … Continue reading
What are you doing, Wednesday, March 20, 2019? If you’re free and near San Bernardino, CA, come on down to Ruth’s Art Workshop at the Library – learn some drawing tips – AND get a FREE FLIP BOOK, too! Which … Continue reading
SETTLING ARGUMENTS – FOR GOOD! When children are taught to calmly express themselves in a ‘safe’ environment, and to listen patiently as they give others the same courtesy, it will go a long way to growing them into more thoughtful … Continue reading
This is a true story! One Christmas night many years ago, I was driving our old station wagon in the pouring rain. Among my seven kids in the car, 10 yr old daughter Lisa was very excited. For years she had begged us … Continue reading
We find character in ALL kinds of places, especially in KIDS! Students are expressing character and loving kindness through the many classes given by EDU DESIGNS volunteers. They are learning to respect life while they are learning to sketch, analyze draw and animate birds. Ever since then, … Continue reading
In Fontana, these kids are “for the birds” – in a very positive sense. They are enjoying the combination of science and art enrichment thanks to Lisa Elliott who received a grant from the Community Foundation and the EEC, allowing students to learn about birds … Continue reading
Childhood trauma can lead to adult addiction. It’s scary, but true. This article gives a great view of the facts in a nutshell. “As the twig is bent, so grows the tree” Adverse childhood experiences (ACEs) are potentially traumatic events, such … Continue reading
Embrace the challenge Children bring – and you will gain skills you need in every part of life! KIDS TEACH YOU — 1- To Observe They teach you to PAY ATTENTION to another. And if you don’t watch them they’ll do something … Continue reading
Can Comics teach character? Of course they can! It’s all about the STORY! At my art presentations to kids, whenever I ask the question, “Does anyone here like cartoons?” I get a howling “YES!” from everyone! The overwhelming popularity of … Continue reading
All Volunteer Board of Directors: Our Board of Directors generously volunteers their time and energy to create an organization that inspires children to be constructive members of society. That means 100% of your contribution will go to programs that help … Continue reading
THESE LITTLE FLIP BOOKS INSPIRE KIDS! When I saw my first flip book at 8 years old I became excited to do animation myself! I went on to create my own flip books, not realizing that one day I would go … Continue reading
Words are powerful things. My mom used to tell me, “Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words can never hurt me.” I thought sadly to myself, “Yeah. They only hurt your FEELINGS”. And somehow concluded that meant that … Continue reading
We rescued a fledgling baby bird a couple of weeks ago, and are new parents again at 69 years old! Here’s a photo of when we first saw her, sitting stunned, on a walkway. We put some water in front … Continue reading
As the Keynote speaker to a large group of students recently at a college and career event, various educational organizations offered their options for study in many fields, including Business and Industry, Medical, Veterinary schools, the Navy, and the Arts. I asked them this question: What … Continue reading
Ruth Elliott’s ART assemblies promote positive attitudes, better behavior & academic achievement, as well as spatial awareness, which has been shown to raise math scores. The Arts can increase math scores by up to 15%! Ruth wrote the first art textbook … Continue reading
LIFE TAKES UP MOST OF YOUR TIME, doesn’t it? And when we turn around, it’s the steady plodding forward, that gets us anywhere. You can’t change the waves, but you can adjust your sails. When we look at successful people, … Continue reading
Are you sad seeing kids constantly glued to electronic devices? Do you want them to have ‘Imagination time’? Do you worry they won’t develop real life skills? Take advantage of the resources we have available! Someday they will thank you for turning … Continue reading
Do you ever find yourself running out of ‘love juice’? When my kids were little, even if I started with a full pitcher of love in the morning, sometimes by the end of the day the pitcher would be dry. There was a … Continue reading
Babies LOVE seeing pictures and reading books – especially of themselves! You can thrill your little one and encourage them with how they are growing by making an “I CAN DO” book! When you make an “I CAN DO” Book, it can … Continue reading