- TOO MUCH MEDIA? GO OUT AND PLAY!
- Are You A ‘DOORMAT’ Mom?
- What is UNCONDITIONAL POSITIVE REGARD?
- AWKWARD ANNIE* ADDS TO EDU DESIGNS!
- EMERGENCY SUICIDE HELP RESOURCES
- JUNE FORAY’S LAST FILM TEACHES EMPATHY
- 7 SUPER STRATEGIES to SUCCEED IN SCHOOL!
- 5 SERIOUS MISTAKES PARENTS MAKE
- MAKE YOUR OWN HEALTHY NON-DAIRY CREAMER
- SEE WHAT YOU’RE LOOKING AT!
- Your Family Constitution
- CAN A KID CHANGE THE WORLD? You BETCHA!
- Art and Music Can Help Kids with Special Needs!
- The Appalling Effects of BULLYING – at WORK!
- Kids Need Your HELP!
- Help your Child ORGANIZE! (Help YOU, too!)
- SHARE YOUR STRUGGLES!
- SEE What You’re LOOKING At!
- Roscoe the Squirrel
- HOW KIDS LEARN EMPATHY
- GET While You GIVE!
- FOUR BUILDING BLOCKS of CHARACTER!
- CHARACTER is PREPARATION for the STORMS of LIFE!
- Your Child NEEDS ‘Somebody NEEDS You’
- WHEN IS ‘GOOD ENOUGH’, GOOD ENOUGH?
- HELP EDU DESIGNS SHARE MY ART BOOK!
- Helping your child CLEAN THEIR ROOM!
- Suicide Warning Signs
- “SOMEBODY NEEDS YOU” needs YOU!
- Create Peace and Love ALL YEAR ROUND♩ ♪ ♫ ♬
- The Night Princess in Mandarin
- Watch “SOMEBODY NEEDS YOU!” – NOW!
- A Mother’s Gift: WELCOME TO OUR HOME
- My ART BOOK for KIDS!
- SOMEBODY NEEDS YOU!
- Great Idea for Creative Kids!
- PEACE and LOVE are a LOT of WORK!
- HELP STOP BULLYING!
- WHAT IS A LEADER?
- POSITIVE DISCIPLINE
- KIDS NEED GOOD EXAMPLES!
- INTERRUPTIBILITY – The First Requirement of Parenthood?
- A MAGIC FORMULA TO CHILD REARING?
- THE TIE THAT BINDS
- Welcome to the Land of “I’M SORRY”
- 9 TIPS TO KEEP YOU FROM FREAKING OUT
- THE HAND THAT ROCKS THE CRADLE, RULES THE WORLD!
- CAN YOU SPOIL A BABY?
- MOONLIGHTING AS A MOM
- How to do the Travis Pick
- BUILDING BRAIN CELLS THROUGH MUSIC!
- KIDS NEED ART IN GHANA TOO!
- “Harriet Beecher Stowe Inspired Me As a Kid!”
- GET YOUR ILLUSTRATED BEHAVIOR CHARTS
- HELP! It’s Halloween!
- Harriet Beecher Stowe Wrote A Book without A Washing Machine!
- What Will They Say When You’re Gone?
- GUITAR SIGNED BY RAY DAVIES of the KINKS AWARDED TO DESERVING STUDENT
- EDU DESIGNS wants to be a Great Non-Profit!
- HUGS, PLEASE!
- 3 Tips to be a “GOOD ENOUGH” PARENT
- MILK MEN TO THE RESCUE…
- Hankering after STUFF is never ENOUGH… Finding True Treasure…
Category Archives: behavior
When June Foray was ushered into eternity July 26, 2017 at the age of 99, Somebody NEEDS You became the last animated film she worked on. However, her voice lives on in the video, along with it’s message. Somebody NEEDS You is a story that teaches empathy, about a … Continue reading
At seven years old, I wanted to help people. I imagined that “helping people” meant becoming a doctor. Then one day, I heard some kids swearing and yelling at each other on the street. I asked my mom, “Why do they … Continue reading
Give Kids what they REALLY need: THE FOUR BUILDING BLOCKS OF CHARACTER. It starts when they’re small. The Four Building Blocks of Character can be boiled down to these: 1-ASK 2-THANK 3-APOLOGIZE 4-FORGIVE BUILDING BLOCK # 1– We learn to ASK … Continue reading
CAN YOU SPOIL A BABY? Before you get worried wondering, the quick answer is: “NO”. You CAN’T spoil a baby. There are many reasons. Babies need consistent Loving Attention. Not only for physical survival but for the emotional security and intellectual … Continue reading
THANKS to ERIC ANSAH, the director, and others from the Reward Foundation Ghana, this Non Profit Org is helping kids expand their opportunities through Art, Music, and other cultural and educational activities in Ghana. EDU DESIGNS founder, Ruth Elliott’s, donated the … Continue reading
Kids usually WANT to do what’s Right – if you give them the chance to, and explain the advantages to them! Customize your own Behavior Chart with pictures – it’s easy: Go to GoMommyGO! This is a FREE public service from EDU DESIGNS, the non … Continue reading
SUGAR, SUGAR, EVERYWHERE, and not a drop (of WATER) to drink… What’s a Mother and Father to do when they have no plan for their children Halloween night? LOOK OUT! When the excitement of costumes and candy wears off and the sugar rush is … Continue reading
I suffered panic attacks when my mother-in-law came to visit. She was a perfect housekeeper and I wasn’t. Of course she had only had ONE child, and I had seven. I’d always put my kid’s emotional needs first. The house could wait. But … Continue reading
EDU DESIGNS and GoMommyGO® help children all over the world to be better people in so many ways. EDU DESIGNS brings Art back into schools. No one can deny the power of Art to shape our hearts and minds. That’s why we donate … Continue reading
When I hear the words, ‘MILK TRUCK’, three uncanny stories come to mind. Absolutely true. Two are from my own life. Take the next ‘step beyond’ to see what happened. Milk Man in Houston, Texas Saves a 7 year old … Continue reading
So much has been happening I haven’t had time to let you know – from the art classes for kids with Special needs (see pic below) and many schools locally to the outreach to other countries (even Ghana and India) who are … Continue reading
I know you care about investing in CHARACTER as well as INTELLIGENCE. You want to give children more of what really matters. SO DOES CHRIS ZURBUCH! Chris Zurbuch is not only a phenomenal RUNNER – he runs for a good … Continue reading
[easyrotator]erc_60_1364364452[/easyrotator] I’m SO excited! Ghana is now using our Art Textbook, stories and other educational materials for character development! Thanks to the hardworking and dedicated staff of The Reward Foundation Ghana, a Non Profit, led by Project Manager Eric Ansah, children in … Continue reading
Mt. T. and Me in 2003! When my son was 11 years old he wrote a letter to Mr. T after seeing ‘The A Team’ on TV. Mr. T wrote him back a long personal letter, telling him to … Continue reading
How wonderful! Just rediscovered! Can’t believe it took me this long to share it! Back in 2010 Shirley Smith’s TV Show, “Talk About Parenting, LIVE” welcomed me to talk about EDU Designs and GoMommyGO. Though it aired a while back it … Continue reading
Some people are only GOOD for being a BAD EXAMPLE – or: “How I GOT my own way by NOT getting my own way!”
Every day in Elementary school I ate the same thing for lunch: an apple and a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, which of course would get squashed by the apple before I could get to it. At lunch I sat … Continue reading
This Love stuff is pretty insecure… How many times have we wanted love and not gotten it? A million? A trillion times? Can it be true that “THERE JUST ISN’T ENOUGH LOVE IN THE WORLD” ? I think it’s more … Continue reading
View the interactive map live, here! While mailing off some materials to the island of Malta recently I suddenly realized how far we’ve come. Since 2007 people all over the world have been getting benefited by the materials EDU Designs and GoMommyGO® provide. So I … Continue reading