- BUILDING BRAINS AND HEARTS THROUGH THE ARTS!
- THE 4 BUILDING BLOCKS of CHARACTER!
- THE COBBLERS CHILDREN HAVE NO SHOES!
- TEACHING KIDS the “7 Habits of Highly Successful People!”
- LOVE IS A DECISION!
- CHANGED DIAPERS LATELY?
- Breakdown of Parent/Child Relationships
- ART MAKES KIDS THIRSTY. . . for LEARNING!
- FREE ART WORKSHOP!
- HELP KIDS LEARN TO SETTLE ARGUMENTS!
- The ARTIST in ALL of US!
- THE CHRISTMAS UMBRELLA
- CHARACTER IN ALL KINDS OF PLACES!
- THESE KIDS ARE “FOR THE BIRDS!”
- Childhood Trauma Can Lead to Adult Addiction
- HOW KIDS TEACH YOU THESE THREE THINGS
- CAN COMICS TEACH CHARACTER?
- DREAMS PLUS ACTION BECOME REALITY!
- YOUR TODDLER’S BRAIN OUTPERFORMS YOURS!
- FLIP BOOKS CREATE FUN!
- STICKS AND STONES
- PARENTS AGAIN AT 69!
- GOT POTENTIAL?
- ART + FUN = LEARNING for LIFE!
- NEVER GIVE UP!
- THANK YOU FOR CARING!
- RUNNING OUT OF ‘LOVE JUICE’
- HOW MUCH SCREEN TIME IS SAFE FOR KIDS?
- WHY TELL STORIES?
- You Can Make an “I CAN” Book!
- ‘SMILE’ first – and AMAZON gives!
- WORDS ARE POWERFUL
- CINDERELLA GAVE ME HOPE
- Say Goodbye to Kids Boredom with These Activities!
- Cycling – One of the Best Exercises for Children!
- THANK YOU FOR MAKING US TOP-RATED!
- Parents are Not Helpless to Ease the Middle-School Blues, Here’s Why
- TOO MUCH MEDIA? GO OUT AND PLAY!
- Are You A ‘DOORMAT’ Mom?
- What is UNCONDITIONAL POSITIVE REGARD?
- AWKWARD ANNIE* ADDS TO EDU DESIGNS!
- EMERGENCY SUICIDE HELP RESOURCES
- JUNE FORAY’S LAST FILM TEACHES EMPATHY
- 7 SUPER STRATEGIES to SUCCEED IN SCHOOL!
- 5 SERIOUS MISTAKES PARENTS MAKE
- MAKE YOUR OWN HEALTHY NON-DAIRY CREAMER
- SEE WHAT YOU’RE LOOKING AT!
- Your Family Constitution
Category Archives: Education
Why is it that some people seem to have more empathy than others? And some seem to have none at all. How did we get this way? Is it nature? Is it nurture? Neuroscientist Dr. Marco Iacoboni, author of “Mirroring … Continue reading
CAN YOU SPOIL A BABY? Before you get worried wondering, the quick answer is: “NO”. You CAN’T spoil a baby. There are many reasons. Babies need consistent Loving Attention. Not only for physical survival but for the emotional security and intellectual … Continue reading
One of my kids said one day, “Mom, how come you never yell at the baby?” Before I could answer, my oldest girl piped in, “That’s easy. When babies are little you need to be nice to them, so when … Continue reading
All kids LOVE music! We’ve been adding Music to enrich our Art Presentations. There’s nothing like Music to brighten your day and activate brain cells. At a recent Fair at Cobb School Jas and Ruth Hilsdon performed for 3 hours. The joy … Continue reading
I felt a creative ache inside of me for years. I wanted to write a children’s book. I had an idea, I had the talent. But with seven kids, and laundry my constant companion, I felt constantly discouraged. “When will I ever get a chance … Continue reading
I suffered panic attacks when my mother-in-law came to visit. She was a perfect housekeeper and I wasn’t. Of course she had only had ONE child, and I had seven. I’d always put my kid’s emotional needs first. The house could wait. But … Continue reading
When I hear the words, ‘MILK TRUCK’, three uncanny stories come to mind. Absolutely true. Two are from my own life. Take the next ‘step beyond’ to see what happened. Milk Man in Houston, Texas Saves a 7 year old … Continue reading
Though money has its place, aren’t Peace and True Happiness the most important values to teach our kids? I wrote this little poem recently, thinking of the conflict between ‘Getting what you want’ and ‘True’ satisfaction: Finding Treasure, © Ruth … Continue reading
I heard a story once about an experiment with two mice to see how long they could swim in a bucket of water… When the first mouse was put in the bucket he drowned after just a few minutes. When they put the second mouse in the … Continue reading
So much has been happening I haven’t had time to let you know – from the art classes for kids with Special needs (see pic below) and many schools locally to the outreach to other countries (even Ghana and India) who are … Continue reading
I know you care about investing in CHARACTER as well as INTELLIGENCE. You want to give children more of what really matters. SO DOES CHRIS ZURBUCH! Chris Zurbuch is not only a phenomenal RUNNER – he runs for a good … Continue reading
[easyrotator]erc_60_1364364452[/easyrotator] I’m SO excited! Ghana is now using our Art Textbook, stories and other educational materials for character development! Thanks to the hardworking and dedicated staff of The Reward Foundation Ghana, a Non Profit, led by Project Manager Eric Ansah, children in … Continue reading
Mt. T. and Me in 2003! When my son Jon was 11 years old he wrote a letter to Mr. T after seeing ‘The A Team’ on TV. Mr. T wrote him back a long personal letter, telling him … Continue reading
How wonderful! Just rediscovered! Can’t believe it took me this long to share it! Back in 2010 Shirley Smith’s TV Show, “Talk About Parenting, LIVE” welcomed me to talk about EDU Designs and GoMommyGO. Though it aired a while back it … Continue reading
[easyrotator]erc_79_1336178842[/easyrotator] Click on the picture above to see a VIDEO of part of a lesson! Kids NEED Art! When it’s added to their Educational ‘diet’, EVERYONE wins! It’s been PROVEN that Kids NEED ART! In the latest report of … Continue reading
Some people are only GOOD for being a BAD EXAMPLE – or: “How I GOT my own way by NOT getting my own way!”
Every day in Elementary school I ate the same thing for lunch: an apple and a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, which of course would get squashed by the apple before I could get to it. At lunch I sat … Continue reading
This Love stuff is pretty insecure… LOVE is a MESSY BUSINESS! Scary, too. The risk when we decide to open our heart to another. We have no guarantee it will ever come back! There is nothing so agonizing as the … Continue reading
While mailing off some materials to the island of Malta recently I suddenly realized how far we’ve come. Since 2007 people all over the world have been getting benefited by the materials EDU Designs and GoMommyGO® provide. So I decided it … Continue reading